Monday 8 August 2011

(Almost) A Whole Year

Blimey. So, it seems that my neglect of this blog has reached an all-time high. An entire 11 months of forgetfulness?
Yeah, sounds like me.

I shan't even try and go over the year in any detail, but I shall skim over it a bit.

School has been fairly uneventful. Very fun, as many of my friends are now 17 and can drive, and there's been more pressure on exams, but it's been good. All of my teachers have been lovely, and they feel more like friends than teachers. As weird as that may sound.
I am currently awaiting the results of my AS Level exams.
The entirely non-nerdy subjects I take are:
Biology.
Chemistry.
Maths.
Politics.

In my January AS exams, I got As in biology, chemistry and maths - I didn't do any exams in politics then.
Nervoussss.

I have also been travelling a fair bit this year, too. I've discovered that I absolutely love just getting on planes and visiting new cities. I've been on a day trip to Berlin and Oslo, and also went to the USA for a week. I'm such a nerd, I love taking photos of the architecture. I know, sad xP

This summer is also busy for me. The first week of the holidays was spent at Papworth Hospital doing work experience, as I want to become a doctor. It was absolutely amazing, and I learnt so much - as well as having my desire to do medicine totally confirmed.
Since then, I've been to a few parties and generally enjoyed myself. This Thursday (11th) is my 17th birthday, so I cannot wait to finally be able to drive my car.
Then, on the 15th, I'm off to Cornwall with a few friends to camp for the week, and on the 21st I'm off to Edinburgh for the Fringe Festival.

All in all, I'm currently at an exciting place in my life. I am loving the new-found independence I'm getting, and the prospect of applying to university both terrifies and excites me.

No comments:

Post a Comment