Friday 2 July 2010

Helpful Citizen..

Despite being on my summer holidays, I went into school for a few hours this morning to be 'trained' - for, next year, I shall be helping Year 7s with their maths. Apparently, they'll all have got a Level 2 or Level 3 at the end of Year 6. To people who aren't British, this shall mean nothing, but this should give you a good idea - Year 7s are 11 or 12. I got a Level 3 in maths when I was in Year 2, aged 6.
The most difficult thing therefore shall be simplifying the maths enough for them to be able to understand it. Many have difficulty with '3 + 8', simply because the answer is a number greater than 10; more often than not, they have to use numberlines for most of their calculations.
Even so, I'll persevere with them. I don't particularly like 11 and 12 year olds, but I am more than willing to try and help them improve their maths. After all, maths is an important key subject, and one which happens to be one of my strongest points.
Not to mention it can go on my UCAS when university application comes around..

That's about all for today. I'll probably have a lazy day tomorrow, but I should be going out on Sunday, so I'll hopefully have something fairly interesting to write about then.

No comments:

Post a Comment