Thursday 1 July 2010

Heyy, blog.

After apparently creating this blog all the way back in April - what a successful enterprise - I have only just re-discovered it; I think about now is the right time to begin the blog for real, as I have ahead of me a ridiculously long summer, so I shall have a lot of free time on my hands.
I would usually begin something like this by telling you a bit about myself - however, I am going to assume that you ended up at this blog by following a link from ACC, in which case you can look at my profile on there and save me the typing, si si senor?

Another reason why I'm starting this today is because I actually have something to talk about, for last night was my prom. It's a mainly American thing, I think, but the trend's gradually come over here, and we celebrated the end of Year 11 in style last night.

I was apprehensive over this whole prom thing. As far as I was concerned, I'd already left school - my exams were over, we'd had our 'Leavers' Day'; why did we need anything else? However, I soon realised that the prom served as a kind of 'goodbye' to those who are leaving next year, as well as a pretty stylish celebration of all of the work we've put into our studies over the years.

My friends and I had booked to turn up in a 'Green Goddess' - a fire-engine type vehicle whose insides had been converted into a limousine. I was also apprehensive about this, as from the photos it looked fairly ugly, but I found out when we arrived at the prom that literally every other group had arrived in a limousine, so I was grateful that we had arrived in something a bit different - even if I did almost trip over when I got out of it.

I don't want this post to be overly long, so I shall break the prom's events down into a few bulletpoints:

- Arrived at prom. Found my boyfriend (Andy), headed into the prom with him.
- Sat around drinking our free drinks (Y).
- Had my photo taken with Andy.
- Headed back into the dance place, boogeyed a bit.
- Feet started hurting due to my heels, so went to sit outside.
- A few prizes - driving lessons, a digital camera, hot air balloon ride - were given out by means of a raffle. I won nothing.
- Prom King and Queen crowned. The 'Queen' was evidently a joke, 'ironic' vote - bless her - whereas the 'King' was voted for because he's popular.
- Headed back onto the dancefloor. Somehow managed to do the macarena and the Cha-Cha Slide.
- The balloon drop.
- The last few songs, danced with Andy. 'Sweet Child O' Mine' by Guns 'N' Roses, 'Mr. Brightside' by The Killers, and 'Angels' by Robbie Williams.
- Cue the holding back tears moment.

So yes, I shall bore you with no more, and I shall leave you with, "I had a great, memorable night last night - and expect regular, sometimes rambling posts from now on!"

No comments:

Post a Comment